Monday, August 13, 2007

We Waltzed Tonight

My dance class I mean.

Dancer man Mark was a no-show.

Ah well, easy come, easy go. I had a minimal thrill for the summer; always a good thing. Still, it's hard not to take it personally. I mean, he asks for my number, meets me and dances (the Tango!) with me for an hour, then quits the class.

I mean, he said he was going to take the next round of classes, so, other than finding me repellent, what could be his reason for not going?

I know, I know... lots of things.

Whatever. I'm sticking with the class now just because I like it. I didn't have to dance with Patchouli woman tonight, but I did dance with chest-staring Chester. Ew.

Seriously, there are so many characters in that class. It's fascinating. I could keep going just for the blog fodder (plus of course, since I bought the fancy dance shoes, I have to keep going).

Leaving the lyrics up for a bit longer. At least # 12 somebody should get. I'll add hints tomorrow if you'd like.

Oh, I had my first massage in 15 years this morning. Not bad. This place is a chain, Massage Envy, and I got suckered in to join. I pay $59 bucks a month, and get an hour massage. And, if I want to have more massages that particular month, they only cost $39 each.

I know, I know, oh Rebekah, save your money. Well, I'm not going out and buying lotion and candles and shoes (well, not too many shoes) anymore, and spending money on the gym and a trainer and even massages are all about my health. If I don't take care of myself, who will?

Besides, it sure was nice to have someone other than myself touch me. Even if I did have to pay for it.


Wait.



Now I feel dirty.

4 comments:

tornwordo said...

Sounds like you are treating yourself right! A little summer thrill isn't all bad, is it?

GayProf said...

Enjoy the massages! Why not treat yourself well?

As for Dancer-boy, maybe he was sick/tired/or otherwise detained.

Devo said...

Well even if it was just a little summer thrill, it was fun for ALL pf us. Sad to say really...haha. or maybe he was in a fiery crash and he is mumbling your name from his body cast-haha. I know, I'm sick. Nice idea with the massage membership-cool!

Snooze said...

I'm glad you're giving the sexy shoes a work out whether or not dancer man Mark is there.