Sunday, August 12, 2007

I just don't bounce back like I used to

Good thing I had this meme from Snooze ready and waiting from last week.

Here's the rules if you haven't seen them already"



1) Put your mp3 player or music player on your computer on random.
2)Post the first line(s) from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
3) Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
4) Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
5) Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.


1.
Well you bit my lip and drew first blood,
And warmed my cold, cold heart
And your wrote your name right on my back
Boy your nails were sharp

2.
Choo choo to Broadway foo Cincinnati
Don't get icky with the one two three
Life is just so fine on the solid side of the line, rip

3.
Its taste was sweet like summer wine
The heart that beats in double time.
So he waltzed right in, he bowled you over
You’re still reeling from the feeling when he’s gone

4.
Friday night you and your boys went out to eat
Then they hung out, but you came home around three.
If six of ya’ll went out, then four of you are really cheap.
Cause only two of you ate dinner; found your credit card receipt.

(Gayprof got this one, Whitney Houston's It's Not Right, But It's Okay. This was the remixed superstar edition.)

5.
I’ve climbed so many mountains just to reach the other side
I’ve neared drowned myself in freedom just to feed my foolish pride
In my journey through the darkness, I have finally seen the light
I know no one’s every loved me, like you’re loving me tonight.

6.
It's what I want hurry and buy
all has been tried follow reason and buy
Cannot shuffle in this heat it's all wrong
Try to put that on your sleeve it's all wrong it's all wrong

7.
The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
Any fool can do it, there ain't nothing to it.
Nobody knows how we got to the top of the hill.
But since we're on our way down, we might as well enjoy the ride.

8
Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong
You're enchained by your own sorrow
In your eyes there is no hope for tomorrow
How I hate to see you like this

(Yes, it's Chiquita by Abba. You know, the first word of the song? heh.Devo guessed it.)

9.
I've got no chauffeur to chauffeur me
I've got no servant to serve my tea
But I'm as happy as a man can be
Because I've got a girl who loves nobody but me

10.
Drive west on Sunset to the sea
Turn that jungle music down
Just until we're out of town
This is no one night stand

11.
So call me a bitch in heat
And I’ll call you a liar
And we’ll throw stones until we’re dead

(Devo again got this. Throwing stones by Paula Cole. A good song when you're feeling bitter)

12.
I don't want to lose the good thing that I've got
If I do, I will surely, I will lose a lot
For your love is better than any love other I've known

13
Back when I had a little
I thought that I needed a lot
a little was overrated
but a lot was a little too complicated

14.
(Love is what the word was)
I saw a picture
How could you be so careless
How could you have done that to us

15.
You're driving all over town
In your big car
Windows down
Sweet perfume trails behind
The impression is in my mind

16.
Your dogs ain't found a good girl,
One that love you and give you warning
Now you find that you been misused,
Well how many girls can think all right

17.
I said, Mama, he's crazy and he scares me
But I want him by my side
though he's wild and he's bad
and sometimes just plain mad

18.
Guinnevere had green eyes
Like yours, mi'lady like yours
When she'd walk down
Through the garden
In the morning after it rained

(Em Rocks. Guinnevere by Crosby, Stills and Nash - before Young. This song reminds me of my brother. He didn't really sing, but spoke the lyrics along while he was listening.)


19.
Give me a kiss to build a dream on
And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss
Sweetheart, I ask no more than this

(Em got this one too. How come so many of my songs have the titles as the first line? Give Me a Kiss to Build a Dream On by Ray Charles)


20.
Them that's got shall get
Them that's not shall lose
So the Bible says
And it still is news

(Em got this first, although anyone who knew me in college would get this. I played Billie Holiday non-stop back then.)

8 comments:

Chunks said...

Again, the only one I know off the bat is ABBA!

I might have to do this meme. Except all I have on my MP3 player is John Mayer and cardio grooves!

Anonymous said...

12 I'll go "oh yeah" when someone else gets this.

18 Guinevere CSN

19 A Kiss To Build A Dream On Louie Armstrong

20 God Bless The Child... Billie Holiday?

Devo said...

8 is ABBA
11 is Paula Cole
And that is all I know, sad to say.
How was the pah-tay? Too fun to discuss at this time? Becky got a headache? heehee. Hope it was a total blast!!

tornwordo said...

I only knew number 20 but em beat me to it.

CoffeeDog said...

I am at a loss!

GayProf said...

4 is Whitney Houston's "It's Not Right, But It's Okay."

I would have gotten 20 easily (as we both share a Billie Holiday thing). The ABBA song I recognize, but couldn't tell you the title.

It was harder than I thought it would be...

Devo said...

The ABBA song is called Chiquitita. Sorry!! Usually I'm so good at instructions too! Wah! The Paula Cole one is Throwing Stones?

Snooze said...

I only got Chiquitita. Now I want to go and look up some of these though. The lyrics are intriguing.