Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Are you all over the meme now?

I was kind of surprised when most of the songs on my list weren't guessed.

Here's some more info about them:


1) This band is huge. Has been huge for pretty much as long as I've been alive. It's not one of their better known songs.


2) I love to sing along to this song. Think siblings, 40's and WWII.


3) She's from Ireland. I heard her sing this song first when I went to her concert in Japan. A fan sent the lyrics to her and she set it to music.


5) Country, country, country. Am I the only one who listens to it? I wore out this CD when I first got it.


6) I knew this would be hard. I have every album by this band, but their lyrics during their early years were completely indecipherable.


7) Oh gosh. He was my FAVORITE singer (okay, it was a tie between him and Rod Stewart, but still) in high school. I went with Torn to his concert just a few weeks before we broke up.


9) Mel Gibson movie? What Women Want? This was on the soundtrack.


10) Total California summer music. Mellow band that I thought was a single person because of the name.


12) A friend who reads but doesn't comment got this, except I'm thinking of the version I used to roller skate to at the rink in 1979. I always had to be on the floor when this song played.


13) The story about this? I was shopping at Macy's and this song came on (they play real music at our store). A woman near me started singing along to it at the top of her lungs. Thing was, she was amazing. It took me almost three months to figure out who it was by and what it was called.


14) Her name isn't spelled like it's pronounced. Graceful woman; her first album hit when I think she was only 19 years old.


15) The singer of this song died whilst beating off and simultaneously choking himself.


16) She's still alive, this singer. The most popular first dance song at weddings is probably one of hers.


17) This group is listed in my favorites. Very mellow, downer kind of group. Lead singer has a great voice.


I know, lazy again.


Here's a photo of the steam rising from the water drop on the Zaca fire which is still raging in the back country.


White smoke is good, brown or orange smoke? Bad.

4 comments:

GayProf said...

I am guessing three is something from Sinead O'Connor.

Snooze said...

Okay, well #15 has to be Michael Hutchens, INXS, but I don't know the song.

Anonymous said...

12 is Knock On Wood (insert riff here ...Baybay) but I'm danged if I know the singer. Sure I could cheat...

Anonymous said...

#15 is most likley Suicide Blond by INXS. Not sure though..........I remember it being big in Japan while we were ther!
James