Friday, August 17, 2007

A reason to get dressed in the morning

My friends, I'm still in my PJ's as I write this. I knew I was going to be inside most of the day, and I've been cleaning up and so on... so just haven't gotten around to a shower and real clothes.

I was washing the dishes, and Charlie starts barking at the door.

Dang it.

My friend Jack, another teacher from school, had come by with a card and a bottle of wine for my birthday. How sweet is that?

But of course, talking to him, I had to stand with my arms crossed over my chest because I wasn't wearing a bra and I was embarrassed. And, of course, we were standing outside in the ash and smoke because of my CHAOS that keeps me from having any guests actually inside my house.

I have to shower now.

4 comments:

Chunks said...

I hate it when that happens...the pj/messy house thing. Meh. At least you got some hootch out of the deal! LOL!

tornwordo said...

I hope the smoke stays away from your birthday in the park. Have fun!

QT said...

I know that arms-crossed sitch all too well...our front door is a huge sliding glass door, so people can see RIGHT inside - talk about pressure!

GayProf said...

That was really nice of Jack! Keep in mind that none of Charlie's Angels ever wore a bra. It did nothing but great things for them. I am not sayin', I am just sayin'.

I have only just recently opened my new diggs for public viewing. It had previously been nothing but chaos.