Sunday, August 19, 2007

I feel loved

Yesterday was my birthday party. My friend Katrina threw it for me, and she went over and above the call of duty. Lots of good food, and good friends, and laughs.

The fire cooperated, so not too much ash or smoke, but it sure was warm.


My sister bought a lovely three (THREE!) layer cake, with lemon frosting and raspberry filling between the layers, but it didn't take to the heat well:

The top layer slid off the other two into the side of the box. Those mashed up pink things at the bottom of the picture were roses. Cutting the cake was quite an accomplishment too, since all three layers kept sliding around. However, it was a delicious cake, and I'm not even going to think about how many points were in it.

My friend, Ms. Kitty gave me a bag full of odd and wonderful goodies. The best was the one I'm holding in the picture below:

Sweet Love disposable douche.

I don't know if you can really see the picture on the box, but the model looks to be about 12-years-old. Ew.

The instructions on the box are pretty funny too:

WHEN TO DOUCHE

The most obvious time is after menstruation. But you'll want to use it other times as well -- after nervous tension, to clean away contraceptive jellies or creams, after intercourse, to wash away built-up secretions that cause odor, or any time to feel clean and fresh.

Again, ew.

After "nervous tension?" What does that mean? Somehow I've gotten through my life never using a douche, but perhaps I have built-up secretions I didn't know about?

Oh, how we laughed. And so it went.

It was a good day.

7 comments:

Chunks said...

If I douched every time I had nervous tension....LOL!!!!

I've never douched either. I've read that it is bad for you, can send harmful bacteria back up the pipes (or tubes as it were). I am glad that we both found the funny in this gift though!

Glad your party was great!

QT said...

OMG - that is too funny! I have never used said product, either, fot similar reasons to what has already been mentioned.

That is a cute pic of you, tho - perhaps just crop out the box. :)

Glad you had a swell day!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! What wonderful friends you have that give your wonderful parties and wonderful presents! Hahahaha!

Gotta love your friends.

chella said...

omg--didn't we have fun? felt like it was my bday too. what a great party! c

Devo said...

Sounds and looks like a blast!! Nice douche. ;)

tornwordo said...

Sounds like a hoot. I can see you all giggling like 12 year olds. Glad you had fun!

GayProf said...

I love the tiara.