Thursday, July 26, 2007

He Called!

Half an hour we spent talking on the phone. I know a little bit more about him; but still don't know how old he is. I'm pretty sure he's close to my age, but I think he may be younger than me.

It's happened people. For the first time, I'm nervous about my age. Oh, I know, I could pass for 35 perhaps, on a good day, but I'm not 35. I'm 42. In about three weeks, I'll be 43. I thought all I'd have to worry about is my size; now I'm worrying about age? Argh.

So far, it hasn't come up. We are going to meet on Monday, after I download some tango music and rip it to a CD. He's got a friend with an open space, with those elevated wooden floors (used to be a gym of some sorts, now it's going to be an office space or something), so we'll meet there.

It was a good conversation. He's not all stuttery or bashful. I think I could like this guy.

7 comments:

Doug said...

So wait, is he after you just for your feet? ;)

That's so cool! Don't worry about your age. It's not like there's anything you can do to change it. You can't go on an "age diet" to "lose those unwanted years." You've achieved a lot, and someone who's younger can't always say that.

Chunks said...

Woohoo! What Doug said. You gotta work with what you have! Don't think of it as 43. Think of it as 30 with 13 years experience!!

CoffeeDog said...

As you get to know him, I don't think age will be an issue. And if it is, then he's not the one for you m'dear. Good luck!

tornwordo said...

I hope he's 40 too!

t2ed said...

This is the best web template ever.

You're only as old as you lie. Or feel. I can't ever remember that one.

Devo said...

Age is so relative, I don't think you should let it concern you a bit. The older we get, the less it means to the ability to connect well with others. Sounds promising so far, I am loving this turn of events!! heehee.

Anonymous said...

It's great to read about your new excitement.