Monday, July 30, 2007

Deserted Warehouse

That's where I met Mark for our "date" tonight. My friend is actually calling it a "pre-date." She said I need to go on at least three pre-dates before the real thing.

Yeah, I didn't know what she was talking about either.

See, she said there should be no meals involved. coffee is okay, one cocktail is okay, but no dinner. She had all other kinds of advice but I kinda zoned out. Told her it sounded like the new version of "The Rules," and I was just going to go with the flow.

Well, I guess Mark subscribes to her way of thinking.

I met him at the warehouse, we danced for about an hour, talked for about 10-15 minutes more, then said goodnight. No coffee, no cocktail, just goodnight.

He did hug me though, so I suppose that's not a bad sign?

I don't know now. Maybe I just got so caught up in a man actually wanting to spend time with me that I didn't realize he might just want a dance partner to practice with.

Or maybe he's shy.

He doesn't seem shy though.

Maybe he's trying to figure out if he likes me or not.

Or maybe he has to go to work early tomorrow.

Or maybe I need to just chill.

UPDATE:

So, I just found him on Classmates.com. Guess what?

He's the same age as me.

His 25th reunion? The exact same day as mine.

heh. I feel silly.

10 comments:

CoffeeDog said...

"I just found him on Classmates.com. Guess what?"

Stalker! (just kidding)

I hope this one evolves beyond The Rules!

Chunks said...

Hmmm. I guess the classmates thing is something you won't be able to mention for a day or two. Go with the flow Rebekah, try to at least. Or throw yourself at him. I have no idea. Try to have fun with it. At the very least, you will be getting better at the dancing, so you won't come away empty handed.

Anonymous said...

I like what Rox said about not being empty handed either way.

I hope you are having fun, it sounds like it. Dancing sounds divine.

Devo said...

I would be thinking all those same thoughts. Yeesh, the stress. I say just be your wonderful self and if you feel a connection, make it clear where you're at. What else can a girl do? I think there has to be more to it than just wanting to practice, so have fun! Dancing in and of itself is so fun, and the cute boy just makes it all the better.

Nina in Wisconsin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QT said...

I agree with others that have said try to see it as a win-win.

HOWEVER - I would be the same way - wondering why no drinks no coffee after the dancing??

You can drive yourself crazy with all that, tho. Just be yourself because ultimately, you can't hide that in the long term anyway!

*sorry, I used a different blogger account that I only use to comment on my sister's blog so she can't find my real blog (ugh) - didn't know if you would know it was ME!

tornwordo said...

If it's just a dance partner he's after, sidle up! It seems like a great venue for meeting people anyway.

Doug said...

I have no idea about how to approach these things. I try (try, that is) to just go with the flow in most situations. I usually end up being blunt and asking what's up. Yeah, I wouldn't make a good diplomat.

The hug is good sign, though. It is the 2000's, it's not impolite for the girl to ask the guy out for coffee, food, a movie, whatever.

Snooze said...

Maybe he is doing some sort of Rules thing. That's not so bad - it means he's interested.

Chunks said...

You know, maybe I'm a spaz but today, it hit me that you met a guy you barely know in a warehouse! What if he was a serial killer?! Shizen, it's a good thing I'm a married old hag, my imagination is too vivid to be out there in that crazy world.

I spend entirely too much time thinking/worrying about my bloggy friends.