Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ah, summer, the time of fresh-from-the-garden vegetables. Really, is there anything like a just picked tomato, warmed from the sun?

These gorgeous plants are my neighbor's tomatoes. She planted them about a week before I planted mine. This year I only planted one though, because I was overwhelmed last year.


I'm thinking perhaps I misjudged.


If you look closely, you'll see a tiny baby tomato trying to grow next to the big one, but that's going to be it for my harvest.

What did I do wrong? I have no idea. That pot is about 6 feet away from the lush plants on my neighbor's patio.

The corks are a kind of mulch. Keeps the water in and the buggy critters out.

5 comments:

Doug said...

He looks so cute and all alone. :(

The corks are a neat idea. I haven't seen that before.

tornwordo said...

It's a charlie brown tomato plant!

Devo said...

Put some Miracle Gro on it and pray, me thinks. But I'm no Gertie Greenthumb either. You were away for a bit, so maybe it suffered in your absence? It was lonely perhaps?:)

Chunks said...

Steal your neighbors' tomatoes under cover of the night.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a tomato plant that looks like that. Ever. Well, if you want the plant to grow, you have to get rid of the fruits. But then you will have no tomatoes at all. I have a recipe for green tomato salsa if you want it. It's good.