Monday, May 21, 2007

what I'm doing right now...

still shivering "eww..ew!" from the tick I discovered crawling across my bare skin. That's what comes from taking the wonder dog for a walk through the tall weeds. This after picking stickers and foxtails out of his fur for 15 minutes; time to go to the beach from now on.

Also, I've been trying to find a club/dance song and I have no idea what the title is. It's an older song, and the lyrics are nonsense; something like "Da da da dee do da da da... dee do do da da..."
I know, not much help. Any guesses out there? It was very popular a few years ago. I've been searching Napster for the past half hour, but have no clue. It's very synthesizer-y.

Watched "Catch and Release" tonight. My guilty pleasure is romantic movies. Dramas, comedies, whatever, as long as they're romantic. This one was not the best movie in the world by any means, but I enjoyed it. I think it's kinda like double cheeseburgers at McDonald's. You know they're bad for you, you know there's lots of food out there that's more nutritious, but still, sometimes they just hit the spot like nothing else can.

Saw my dad this past weekend. He and I have nothing in common at all. I mean of course, except DNA. He's not interested in my life, and I'm not interested in his. I went up to ... a place... where he and his, how shall I put this? uncomplicated wife were visiting...oh, I don't know... a new granddaughter. I thought I should go and see him, since I don't plan on traveling to Arizona anytime soon.

Well, I'd been there only an hour or two before my dog was bitten by ... let's see how to phrase this... another dog which has bitten Charlie before, but who is "really a good dog." I should have known better. This time it was right on his nose. Actually, Charlie's face was basically inside this large, "just protecting the baby" dog's mouth.

No blood, which was good, but the decision was made to turn around and come right back home, instead of spending the night. This due to the fact that I would have to either put my little buddy in the next room with the door shut, or carry him around in my arms, so that the other "He's just protective" dog wouldn't chomp on him again. We had the other, "well, it is his house" dog outside for a while, but he thought he was being punished out there, so...

You get it.

Lastly, I'm reading a great book, "Eat, Pray, Love." Go get it and read it. A woman, who's gone through a bad divorce, decides to travel to Italy for four months (for the "Eat" part), an Ashram in India for four months (the "Pray" part), and Indonesia for four months (you get it now). She's making me laugh, but also making me think.

All the positive thinking, and the "I honor the divinity that resides in my heart" is something I wish I could do more of. It's a hopeful book, without being preachy.

I think I'll go get in a few more chapters.

Be good to yourselves.

8 comments:

Chunks said...

Look for Darude. That is usually who does the synthesizer-y songs I look for.

The book sounds intriguing. I will see if my library carries it! Thanks for the recommendation!

tornwordo said...

Oh poor Charlie. Too bad you didn't get to spend more time with your dad ; )

Snooze said...

My, what a cryptic post - I can't imagine where you were ;)

The only song I can think of is Gypsy Woman by Crystal Waters. It definitely has the la da dee da da da and is listed as such in some places.

St. Dickeybird said...

Ugh. I don't blame you for not visiting often!

Devo said...

Interesting, and I feel your frustration. Let's hope the child receives better training than the dog does. I remember a "da da da da" song from the early 80's around the same time as The Police came out with Da do do do da da da da, that's all I want to say to you, and I remember thinking that was odd. Don't know who they were though. Big help, aren't I? The guy had a deep voice tho.

GayProf said...

Oooh - This is like a contest! Do we get a prize if we guess right?

Maybe Eiffel 65's "Blue (Da Ba Dee)"?

It sounds like you put in a decent enough amount of time with Dad and his uncomplicated wife.

Lucia said...

Touch the dog and die! Good for you of being protective.

I've read that book too...and blogged about it.

Doug said...

Darn! GayProf guessed what I was gonna guess. I even went and got the (unofficial) video on youtube.

Good decision on not staying. That really sucks Charlie got bitten. Since the other dog was "just protecting," you should have bitten your dad for the same reason.