Monday, May 28, 2007

Success! Sortof...

Okay, so the whole burning the CD? I think I got it done tonight.

See, I signed up with Napster. Good stuff, downloaded some tunes, all is well. Made a playlist for the road trip to Vegas with Torn (only about one month away!), transferred it to my handy-dandy little sandisk player, and just could not for the life of me get it to burn to CD.

Emails back and forth to Napster only resulted in me having to install the entire program again onto my computer. Bitter I was.

I finally gave up, and just created a new playlist on Windows Media Player. See, Napster wouldn't transfer the list over to WMA, so I had to go through all the songs again, and make the whole frickin' list again.

St. Dickybird was nice enough to offer help, but I think I'm beyond hope at this point.

Now, if I could just figure out how to copy the song titles and artists off the playlist to make a word document or label or something for the dang CD...


In other news:

I signed up, yet again, on an on-line dating site. I know, I know, why? Why do I do it?

Well, hope does spring eternal in my wee little heart, and besides, there's always blog material in it somewhere.

And this one is free. plentyoffish.com I signed up yesterday and already have had four different guys contact me. Already better than Match.com. Which should just be called "crap.com," but whatever.

Also spent 6 hours at school today. God. This is always such a frantic time. I'm supposed to give the names of the students I'm sure are earning A's for the semester by the day after tomorrow. That's the 30th, by the way. School doesn't let out until the 15th of June!

Something about the valedictorians and notifications to families and all that. Why should I even give any work at all the last two weeks?


Hey... that's not a bad idea now, is it?

4 comments:

Snooze said...

Nothing wrong with a dating site. You need to be seen! There are some very odd people on PoF with it being free, but there are also some gems.

tornwordo said...

Oh boy, dating blog fodder.

Chunks said...

I'm excited for you! Be careful.

The whole CD/MP3 thing is wacked. I always just use WMP for all my CD ripping and burning needs. I'm sure there are better ways, but that is the only one I've ever been lucky enough to figure out.

A suggestion for your road trip with Torn? Video blogs! Please please!

GayProf said...

Dating sites can offer something to do to pass the time. And one never knows...