Sunday, May 27, 2007

Three-day weekend

Tomorrow is Memorial Day, so no school. It's the last holiday before summer break (15 days left, but who's counting?)

Barbecue yesterday at a friend's house. They have a great place with an avocado orchard, and more acreage than most anyone else I know. People brought their campers and tents and set up for the night among the trees. One of the guys, a dad, brought a blow-up screen (I've never seen one of those before) and a dvd player and projector, and we watched "A night in the Museum" under the stars. Well, most of us did. I went back into the house to go to the bathroom, thought the couch looked comfortable, and fell asleep. I'm quite a dull drunk these days. Of course, it's an improvement over the weepy mess I used to become.

I didn't stay the night because of Charlie boy, so drove home around 1:30 this morning. I feel like Ca-Ca right now. And yes, the capitals were intentional.

Oh, and the album I downloaded? I'm embarrassed to admit...Superstars Remixed. Oh, the shame of it all.

Now, I have the playlist ready though, and tried to burn a CD, and no dice. I've burned CD's before, but can't tell what the heck I'm doing wrong. I transferred the whole list to my mp3 player, and that went fine, so I don't know what the deal is. I tried finding a free program to switch mp3 files to audio files, but I can't seem to find one. There's lots out there for converting the audio to mp3, but not the other way around.

Or, I'm just continuing with the "lamity" Torn pointed out the other day.

Grr.

6 comments:

Chunks said...

Hm. Have a yoo-hoo or something and a banana. I can't help you with the MP3 conversion thingie because I am a big dork and don't understand that stuff either.

The BBQ sounds like it was good, I am afraid I am like you though, I would need to pass out early. I just don't have the party animal gene.

Doug said...

The BBQ sounds awesome! Mmmm...fresh guacamole!

To convert mp3 files, I use a module of the WM Recorder package, but it isn't free.

Devo said...

Sheesh, you lost me on conversion of blahblahblah-heehee. It's like my brain just shuts off or something. Sounds like a nice outing, good scenery, food and bevvies. All is well that ends with you making it home safely I say. I'm no party animal anymore either I must admit.

tornwordo said...

I can't help you. I just ask serge to perform those tasks.

St. Dickeybird said...

Email me, and tell me what software you're using to burn the CD. I'll give you a step-by-step on getting the MP3s on the disc.

GayProf said...

I have often downloaded the same song more than once. It's really annoying!

I didn't even know that avocados were grown in the U.S. Yum!