Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Today is probably Baby Day!

Yesterday, coming out of my faculty meeting, I got a call... Sister's water had broken and she was on her way to the hospital.

Mad dash to my room, called the sub service, left two days of plans for my sub, and tried to organize everything in the classroom so the teacher doesn't have any problems. Well, they always have problems with the kids, you all know that, but at least no problems with supplies and whatnot.

Race home, run around trying to get everything in order, talk to my mother about 1000 times whilst trying to get my act together, and calm her down that Sister will not have the baby in one hour. I had to get the crate for the wonder-dog, I had to get the diaper genie thingamagig that was sent to me instead of her, I had to get clothes, I had to clean out the car so that my stuff, Mom's stuff, Charlie and his stuff, and aforesaid diaper disposal all could fit.

Then the drive to the hospital in West Hills. Then the drive to Sherman Oaks to drop off the pooch and set up the crate and leave instructions with Carol's partner for his feeding and all.

Then the drive back to the hospital (oh, my car turned over 100,000 miles on the way back, btw).

Then the wait.

And the wait.

We got silly, and there is a hilarious picture I will post after I retrieve it from sister's camera.

And the wait.

Mom and I were in reclining chairs, but they were cruel pieces of furniture. Sister had an epidural, and all three of us finally got some sleep between 4 am and 6:30 am. Sister's nurse said she was only 3 and a half inches dilated, so we had time to go to sister's house, shower and possibly take a nap.

So, Mom is taking her shower now, and I'm on her computer, waiting for my turn. It's almost 10 am now, so I don't know how much nappage is going to occur.

But...

I'm going to be an aunt today! Who cares if I miss out on some Z's?

Wish her luck (and send good baby name vibes).

Cheers.

8 comments:

Chunks said...

How exciting!!!! Keep us posted!

St. Dickeybird said...

Congratulations Auntie R!

GayProf said...

That's great news! I hope you post some pictures.

tornwordo said...

Oh the excitement. Can't wait for pics!

Snooze said...

Awesome! Can't wait to read more.

Doug said...

Fantastic news! Congrats Auntie Webekaloo!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Being an Auntie is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so exciting! A new baby!