Thursday, January 18, 2007

The kids loved it

All my kids thought my hair was "cool."

No offense to my students, but if a bunch of 13-year-olds think your hair is cool, it probably isn't.

I think they were just excited I colored my hair. They're easily amused.

No blogging for the next few days; leaving for Seattle tomorrow.

It's going to be crazy. See, this is the end of the semester, and grades are due Monday, but I won't be here Monday, and so I got an extension, but still, I've got 90 more essays to grade, and grades to enter, and I have this @#!@$ three-hour meeting tonight that just simply sucks, and I have to get gas sometime between school and the meeting, oh yeah, and Charlie's food and...

M. is picking me up to take me to school tomorrow, A. is covering my last class, B. is driving me to the airport, T. is coming over to my house and picking up Charlie, then dropping him off again on Monday, and J. is picking me up at the airport when I get back.

And I have to leave sub plans for the teacher on Monday, oh, and I've still not scheduled my observation with the vice-principal, which means she's going to think I'm a ding-a-ling, even though I've always had great observations before and then there's the lesson plans I have to prepare before the observation and ...

I'm stressed.

Talk to you all when I get back.

5 comments:

tornwordo said...

Hope you have a cozy relaxed getaway. See you on the flip side (I was at the market when you skyped)

GayProf said...

End of the Semester in January? That's just crazy.

Have a safe trip.

Doug said...

That's no way to encourage your kids.

Kids: "your hair is so cool!"
Teacher: "shut up. your opinion doesn't count."

Say 'hi' to Seattle for us.

Have a great trip!

Chunks said...

You think she is just faking this trip so that she doesn't have to show us a picture of her hair? You know, like "Look, a distraction!" I think it's a ploy. I will have to ask of a picture of you, in your bad hair, in Seattle. On Tuesday. heehee! take care and travel safely!

Snooze said...

Have a great trip! Cool how you have a whole team of people to make it possible. I want 'people'!