Sunday, December 24, 2006

My Brother is getting married the day after tomorrow!

I'm always the last to know.

Now, there's a back story. There always is.
My brother and his girlfriend are both 45 years old.

They've been together since they were seniors in high school.

That's 1979 folks.

Nineteen-frickin'-seventy-bellbottoms and Peter Frampton-nine!

Twenty-eight years for those of you already going heavy on the eggnog.

Now they decide to get married?

Now?

And yes, it's been discussed before... but it's never actually happened.

My mother called me today, and mentioned it casually, like I knew.

"WHAT?"

"Oh you know, we talked about it at Thanksgiving."

Which, you might remember dear readers, that I spent in Albany, New York.

So no, "we" did not talk about it.

Wow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG your family sounds like mine, I'm always the last to know too!

OMG I hope they don't end up splitting up six months after the wedding! That would be awful! Do you get to be the flower girl? Heehee!

Kind of fitting to marry on Boxing Day.

Anonymous said...

Tax break. They can file their 2006 returns jointly as long as they marry by 12/31, and they'll save a significant amount of money. Plus, if either or both of them made more money this year than usual, or if one of them bought a house or something, it could mean an even bigger savings.

Doug said...

Did you get an invitation? Seems very weird you weren't kept in the loop.

Congratulations to your brother anyway!

Snooze said...

wow. Well, a toast to the happy couple!

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap!
I should have gotten married on Boxing day too - makes it much easier to remember the anniversary.
Enjoy!