Wednesday, December 27, 2006

viruses

Both my mother and sister were really sick yesterday. I wasn't, even though we all ate the same foods. What's up with that? Do I have an iron stomach? Aren't most of what we used to call the "24-hour bugs" actually some kind of food poisoning? I don't know.

Been fiddling with my computer today too. Finally figured out how to remove the Norton Anti-virus that came installed on my computer. Now, now, don't scream at me. I have AVG now, which is free, and more importantly, works just fine. Norton kept giving me popups and reminders that I needed to renew my subscription and all that.

However, now I find I have a virus/Trojan horse deal that can't be deleted. It's in the "archives" whatever that means, and has something to do with my Java program. That's about all I understand. Hope it won't cause any huge problems. I had another virus that supposedly would be fixed by updated my Microsoft windows stuff, but now I have a weird looking toolbar I don't like as much as I did the former one.

See, like I said a few posts ago, I don't like change.

Anyway, hope my computer doesn't explode, or someone get all my financial information (not that it would help anyone much).

It's raining and very windy here; strange weather, but appropriate since the last two years of camping over New Year's has been rained out. It's been cold and dry for the last three weeks, and then today? Rain.

I did get a cool picture this morning. Not as cool as the real thing, mind you, but cool nonetheless.



4 comments:

Doug said...

Yeah, viruses and Trojan horses and spyware are evil. I use VCOM SystemSuite for viruses (it came with my computer), but I also use WebRoot Spysweeper for spyware. Everywhere I've read about anti-virus programs, the recommendation always seems to be multiple programs. I'll have to look into AVG.

Good luck with the weather!

Anonymous said...

What doug said. Go to www.download.com they will have everything. It's amazing what gets ghosted onto your hard drive! (I just made that last part up, did it sound 'techie'??)

tornwordo said...

Yikes. I have Serge to sort all these things out. Good luck. Lovely pic.

Anonymous said...

I HATE Norton! They're as bad as some of the viruses.

Try using Adaware to remove it:
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html