Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Much rejoicing

Okay, so the trouble with my car? You know, that's been acting up since, oh, I don't know... JUNE?

It was a stupid little wire connection that was fixed today for less than $100. Hooray.

It was going to cost more than that to rent a car from Saturday to Tuesday. I'm driving to my friend Carol's house to celebrate Christmas Eve with her and her partner and their little baby boy. It's been almost a year since they told me they were expecting. Alright, just Elaine was expecting. Carol pregnant? I don't think so.

Anyway, it sure was fun buying the little onesies and outfits for the boychild today.

Every year, since I was 18, I've spent Christmas Eve with Carol and her family. Her mom is like a second mom to me. Last year she and her partner (Carol, not her mother), decided they were going to start their own tradition. Carol is Polish, and supper at their house the night before Christmas always included Pierogi.

I love Pierogi.

So much that I made some last year.


Now, I know I'm not Polish (Italian, English, and Scottish), but I thought they were pretty good.

Carol mail-ordered some from Chicago this year.

Oh well, less work for me.

And hey, I can spend my time picking out the wine.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Yay on the car! How'd you find a mechanic that actually would show you the inexpensive repair and not try to take you for everything you've got?

Pierogi sound really good, though according to Wikipedia, they're not exclusively Polish, so I'm sure your Italian/English/Scottish pierogi were awesome.

Have fun at Carol's!