Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sunrise the other day


I was out before the sun, which is normal now, since it's been rising later and later (is daylight savings time ever going to begin?). Walking Charlie is getting to be a challenge when I have to go out in the dark.

However, it means I get to see things like this. It's sunrise, helped along with the ash and smoke that was still in the air from that huge Day Fire. It's ended finally, but I heard it was the fifth largest wildfire in California's history. Recorded history. I don't know what might have happened here 4000 years ago.


Below is something I came along as I was walking back up the hill. It was about 6:45 am, and these were on the side of the street, just next to a driveway. They looked pretty fresh, but who brings flowers at that time of the morning? I picked them up, thinking I would take them home and put them in water, but then felt funny about it, and put them back down. That accounts for the water spots; no one had thrown them down before me, that I know of.

It's a mystery. A whole story behind those white tulips; one I'll never know.

But, much more fun to think about than an essay.


2 comments:

tornwordo said...

Maybe it was where someone died in a car wreck? Strange. Oh and lovely sunrise.

Chunks said...

Seems like you may have stumbled upon the remains of a lovers' tiff or something?

I don't know how you could even focus your eyeballs that early in the morning, never mind a camera!

Done that essay yet?