Saturday, October 07, 2006

fuckity fuck fuck fuck

This essay is killing me people, killing me!

"On no more than two additional pages, please write one essay addressing both A and B below:
A. Provide a narrative picture of yourself.The essay should deal with your personal history, focusing on influences on your intellectual development, the educational and cultural opportunities (or lack of them) to which you have been exposed, and the ways in which these experiences have affected you. Also include your special interests and abilities.

B. Describe your future career goals and plans, especially ways you plan to use your experience abroad in your professional work in this country and to enhance international education in your school/college and community."

In 500 words or less? Are they kidding me?

5 comments:

tornwordo said...

I would advise against using the title of the post in the essay. Good luck!

Doug said...

Yikes!

Hmm...I might start with an outline, a bullet list of all possible things to include, and then whittle that list down using A and B as a guide.

dirk.mancuso said...

Oy, I don't envy you. I know they think 500 words is a lot -- and it is if you have to read all the submissions -- but they should at least give you 500 words for each part (said the wordy English major...)

GayProf said...

Oh, I hate stuff like that. It's hard to write something like that and not have it turn out like a boiler-plate essay.

Chunks said...

Have you thrown the whole thing in the trash and said "Fuck it?!"

That's what I would do. I'm a quitter though.

(Good luck!!)