Friday, October 06, 2006

Harvest Moon

It's supposed to be tonight. Hope I remember to go out and look at it. I love the moon when it's bright. Reminds me of camping, or late nights on the beach with a boy.

Got my missing money today, went to Macy's to buy myself a little something, found not one, but two, ten-dollar dresses, stood in line and when I went to pay, realized I'd left my wallet at home (next to the computer where I left it last night). Embarrassing.

Working on the Fulbright. Have fear I won't get it completed in time. Still need to ask for one more reference letter.

approximately 3000 people apply from all over the U.S. every year; about 1000 are invited to participate. Those are good odds, but it also depends where you want to go. Because I'm a junior high school teacher, there's several places aren't available to me. Many countries only do exchanges with high school teachers. Also, I don't speak any other language except (poor) Japanese; so all the countries with language requirements are out. No, Japan's not one of the exchange countries.

So, here I sit. I was up until 11 last night working on the application, but I've not written the essay yet. I have to do it.

Maybe I need a snack first.

3 comments:

Doug said...

Yay! You got dough! That seems sooner than expected.

If you're desperate for a reference, tell them some guy you don't know on the other side of the country vouches for your sincerity, honesty, and devotion. Yep, that'll sell it. ;)

tornwordo said...

Good luck ma'am. And the moon was incredible last night.

Chunks said...

The moon has been so bright this week, you could read the newspaper by it!!

Good luck with the essay!!