Friday, September 29, 2006

I could spit

That's about the most vitriolic utterance my grandmother every said.

I've been working a 6/5th's schedule at school now for the past month. This was set up before school started, and is supposedly part of my contract (unlike normal professions, we start working long before any contract is agreed upon. But that's another rant).

The reason I'm working this 6/5th's schedule, teaching this extra class, giving up my one 49-minute prep period is money. Lots of money. about $900 a month money. Money I'm going to use to buy a ticket to New York, money I'm going to use to pay off some bills this year.

Which, being that today is my first payday of the new year, I should finally see.

Which was not included in my regular salary.

All the things I'm thinking right now are much stronger than "I could spit" but I want to keep this polite.

It will get cleared up, but probably not today. And knowing my stupid school district, I won't get the pay until the end of October.

Which makes the buying of aforesaid plane ticket very difficult.

%#$#$%&!

5 comments:

St. Dickeybird said...

If I were you, I'd be spouting some incredibly non-educational expletives too!
I hope it gets worked out soon.

tornwordo said...

That sucks. And it always seems to happen to you. I hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Doug said...

My mom is a teacher, so I'm all-too-familiar with the ways school boards screw over their teachers. They have you by the cajones, too, so its not like you have many options.

I hope it's resolved quickly.

Chunks said...

I think teachers should be paid what professional athletes get paid and vice versa.

You are certainly showing incredible restraint! I'd have gotten fired by now for holding the students hostage until I got my money. I can be pretty extreme some times though...

GayProf said...

Yeah -- I have had all sorts of bankroll trouble with my home university. I hope it's not too hard to get cleared up.