Sunday, April 16, 2006

Perception Shift

You ever find something out that changes how you see your life? It could be big or small, but all of a sudden you have to go back 20 years and realize that you haven't been aware of the whole picture. It's partially your own fault, you didn't want to see the whole picture... because of the aforementioned perception shift.

Now don't blame it all on yourself though. Yes, we all see things the way we want to see them, but others only show of themselves what they want us to percieve. That plays a role too.


I remember the first time someone lied to me, simply because he could. I remember the feeling of dispair that this person, someone I thought I could care about, just wanted something from me, and lied to get it. The kicker was that I was going to give it to him anyway, but just not that night.

I know, I'm being purposely vague right now. I'm not ready to bare my soul on line, even though there are only a couple readers of this blog. I've got students, and if they wanted to, they could find this.

Ideas are changing in my head as I write, and will continue to do so. I'm not sure what I feel right now.

1 comment:

chella said...

enjoyed reading the last two blogs! congrats on the weight loss! had one too! now i nurse a nasty cold--post-plane crud that occurs about every second flight. go to bellingham wednesday for a state cc board meeting and am back friday. i mixed up the weekends for vail's bday. called her saturday night! take care! i won't be at ww wed b/c of the trip north. thinking of you and miss your face. love, c