Thursday, January 12, 2006

If I didn't have to sleep (or enjoy it so damn much) I'd get a lot more done

First things first, as of last night, I have officially lost 29 pounds. Yahoolamunga! Of course, it's only the first part. I've got a good 40 more to go. But, it sure feels good.

Okay, so I don't have enough time to write much this morning; today the English Department is meeting at 7:45 am. It's the end of the semester, and I've got papers to grade (shocker). We still haven't found an apartment for our stay in Paris, and I'm getting nervous about it. We've found two that were what we wanted, but both were rented out. One of the girls only wants to stay in the 3rd arridons-whateverit'scalled, and the other is just looking at our choices and saying "yea" or "nay."

I start my 10-week French class tonight (for "low beginners"), and I have a conference tomorrow, so today I also have to get ready for my substitute in my class. Next week Mom is having surgery(the whole story of which will be a separate post), and I'm taking another day off from work to take her to and from and stay with her afterwards.

Trying to juggle things in my single, not responsible for anyone else but my dog life, is still getting to me today.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

Oh, how I wish I could be a fly on the wall at your first class tonight.