Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thirteen Thursday # 6

Keep those thoughts and prayers coming for D, okay?



Today I went hunting around my bathroom for the post. I'm not taking a picture of it, because it would scare you, the mess it's in. I do have a clean sink, toilet and mirror. It's just cluttered beyond belief. Before it was remodeled into two apartments, the bathroom was the kitchen in the original incarnation of this quirky little building. It's huge, but odd.
Here goes:

Thirteen things in my bathroom:
  1. 53 pairs of shoes. But that counts the brand new pair of lovely, black-pebbled-leather, wide calf boots with a kitten heel I got in the mail yesterday. The thing is, no matter how much I weigh, shoes always fit. Size 8 is such an easy to find size.
  2. 127 pairs of earrings. The other item that always fits, no matter what. I rarely have lost any earrings, but have narrowed down the collection. I used to have over 300 pairs. I finally got rid of the florescent, golf-ball width ones from the 80's. Funny thing is, I usually just wear my $9 silver hoops every day.
  3. Several rocks. Every time I go to the beach with Charie, I pick up a beach rock. Don't ask me why. I have a small ledge that runs below the mirror and above the sink, and the rocks (and the occasional shell) live there.
  4. Opi Nail Polish in Kenebunk-Port. My favorite red polish. I never get manicures but get pedicures as often as I can afford them. This is on my toes right now.
  5. Pair of scissors. Hum. Wonder what I was cutting?
  6. Oxi-clean, Miracle Foam. Miracle my ass. I don't know if there's anything that will clean up the dinginess of my shower floor. This is one of a long line of cleaning products I've tried to no avail. And it smells awful too.
  7. Yesterday's mail. I tend to pick up the mail, come in the door and head to... you know. The school bathrooms are not the best place for taking care of business. Besides the fact that I have 4 minutes between classes to run, do my stuff, wash my hands and run back.
  8. Two pairs of trousers, a pair of track pants and a pair of shorts. All on the floor. What a slob I am.
  9. Rubber cleaning gloves. Okay, so I don't get manicures, but does that mean I want washer woman hands? I've got a pair in the kitchen and a pair in here.
  10. Two plants. Used to be five, but I've killed three of them. The one that's doing the best is one I got from Torn before he moved to Canada. It's in an old copper tin thing that doesn't drain... yet I think it's at least 1o years old. Hm.
  11. Victoria's Secret and Ikea catalogues. Guess which one I like better?
  12. About 75 different bottles and jars of lotions and creams. Even though many of these are 1 oz trial sizes, I realize I have a problem. I was a little addicted for a while to ordering the strangest scents (black pepper pear? Vanilla Cedar?) of these from small, online shops. I've not ordered any for over a year. I've thrown out several and am working my way through the rest. You all have your vices, this is one of mine.
  13. Zip lock baggie of travel size items. Yes, it's a quart size baggie, and all the travel items are three ounces or less. I just keep it ready to go. Makes it easier when I'm packing to go. Although, don't think I'll be flying anywhere in the next couple of months.

Now you know a bit more about my secret single life. Maybe it's good I don't have a partner; I'd have to change some of my habits.

5 comments:

Chunks said...

Can you email me a picture because I'm so curious to the look of a bathroom that can house all that stuff!

I must have about 75 bottles of stuff in my bathroom too. Probably bulk size from Costco!

Try the Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner from Fantastik, it's awesome! And Lysol Tub and Tile. Do they have those where you are?

GayProf said...

If I were a woman, I would so only wear hoop-earrings.

It's kind of nice that you have a plant from Torn.

Lucia said...

Your bathroom must be as big as my whole freaking house to fit all those shoes and earrings, plus other stuff.

OK, what's a kitten heel? Guess my shoe ignorance is showing.

Doug said...

I don't think I've owned 53 pairs of shoes over the span of my life. I do understand that dressing up is much more complicated for women, though. Such a sexist society we still live in.

Love the rocks! Such a great idea. A little momento from each beach.

tornwordo said...

Oh man, a picture .... You have that boat shower, I think they're arrive dirty upon installation.