Sunday, March 18, 2007

She has a name

Cassandra. A big name for such a little baby, but Sister is already calling her Casey. Not sure if that's how it's spelled, but sister is very clear; it's not Cassie, it's Casey... pronounced "Kay-See."

I think I'm just going to call her Ethel. For fun. Besides, it'll piss sister off.

Mom is still down there, helping out, and last night they spent three hours in the emergency room. Baby has Jaundice (like so many do at first), but Saturday night, on Saint Patrick's Day, in a Los Angeles emergency room? It took some time.

Looks like I'm going to have to drive down there and pick mumsy up on Tuesday night and bring her back here. Remember? She won't drive at night or on the freeway or on any road with which she's not familiar?

Yeah. She told me on the phone that Sister-in-Law had offered to do it, but I bet a million dollars I end up being the one.

Gah.

I was at a poetry conference all weekend (stop laughing, it was good!) but I've not had any time to catch up, let alone write much here.

There are stories, including the one that explains why I'm going to have to throw away the shirt I was wearing in the delivery room, but they'll have to wait.


And, the good thoughts for D are working again; it looks possible that he'll come back home next week. Things are moving in the right direction for him. Slowly, yes, but it's all good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cassandra Ethel. A solid name. And she will grow up wondering why mommy grits her teeth whenever the marvelous Auntie R is around... Because we all know you will be the marvelous Auntie R. Boy and Girl love you.

tornwordo said...

Aw, can't wait to hear about the afterbirth on your shirt! Or whatever it was.

Doug said...

I didn't laugh until you said, "stop laughing." A conference attendee by any other name...

Did you tell your students you went to a poetry conference?

Ain't it fun to piss off the parents? I frequently tell my brother why my nephew should have more pink toys to play with, and that pisses my brother off to no end (he's really nervous about his 1.5 year-old son being gay...lol). Great fun!

Hmm...I'm guessing you spilled cherry soda on your shirt. Or you were eating a chocolate-chip muffin and a chip fell onto your shirt. ;)

I'm glad D is on the mend!

Chunks said...

You want to really piss your sister off? Buy Cassandra one of these next easter....
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/products/product.asp?id=199
Worst kid's toy ever. hahahha!

St. Dickeybird said...

:)

GayProf said...

Oooh -- I like the name Cassandra quite a bit. I hope, though, when she starts talking about the future that people listen.

Burn the shirt.