Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saturday Morning

I have this great picture of my niece I want to post, but it's a bitmap, and it's not working. I've been trying to figure out how to save it as a jpeg, but nope. Won't work. I didn't take it with my camera either. Poop. Any suggestions?

Walked Charlie this morning, and started my personal three-week challenge of no whining. I got the idea from this website. Even though it's a church, I kinda like what it stands for. I don't have one of their special purple bracelets, but I can try anyway. My two New Year's resolutions were to not go to McDonald's for a year, and to stop comparing myself to other people. I've been good about McDonald's so far (I did have one ice cream cone my mother bought for me a couple weeks ago) but not as successful with the comparisons. And often, that's what leads to my complaining.

So the whole "Complaint-Free World" is something I could get behind. I've gone three hours... let's see if I can make it three weeks.

Did I tell you? D is back home! The last post on his blog (by his wife) is from a week ago, so I don't know how things are exactly at the moment, but he's home. Good good good stuff.

I met with the head of personnel Wednesday, and now we just have to figure out how to decline the assignment in the most politically correct fashion. Remember, I'm letting down this woman in Hungary as well. Darn it. I know it won't work, and I've dealt with the fact that I'm not going, but now she's going to have to deal with the same thing. And, I know this, and she doesn't.

Rats.

Now, what to set my sights on?

5 comments:

tornwordo said...

I hate the adult shit we have to do sometimes. Evict a tenant. Let someone down. Work on ourselves. Send me the photo, I can transform it and send it back to you.

GayProf said...

You can open the bitmap in MS-Paint. Then simply choose "Save-As" from the drop-down menu. When the save dialog box comes up, there is a format drop-down list below the file name box. You can then simply save it as JPEG.

Like Torn, I also hate the adult shit. In particular, I really hate disappointing people even if it is inevitable.

Doug said...

It seems to me the problem (in general) isn't complaining, it's complaining while assigning blame elsewhere and without offering a solution. Just because something sucks doesn't mean we can't complain, but if it sucks, we should forget about who's responsible and do something about it ourselves (if we can).

Great news about D!

Lucia said...

On the up side, you seem really comfy with your decision not to do this. There's something really good about knowing that.

Snooze said...

You were given an untenable situation. I'm glad you came to a decision that works for you.