Sunday, March 04, 2007

Songs for my movie

I shamelessly copied this from Gayprof.

Opening Credits: “Over the Rainbow” by Johnny Mathis and Ray Charles
Just over the rainbow? Is that the gay pride rainbow? Is it because I’m always falling in love with gay men? Do I just have to get over it? Will my dreams come true?

Waking Up: “My Man” by Billy Holiday.
Yeah right. It’s been eight years since there’s been a man waking up in my bed. Oh, unless you count the wonder dog.

First Day of School: “Two Sides to Every Story” by Etta James
“Ms. Teacher! Johnny pushed me!”
“Well, Timmy took my pencil!”
“He did, he did, I saw it!”
“Shut up Ralph!”
“Ms. Teacher, Timmy just pinched me!”

There’s more than two sides. I know it’s true.

Falling in Love:
“Finest Worksong” by R.E.M.
Is that because it’s work, but it’s fine? I don’t know. Haven’t fallen in love in a long time.

First Song: “I Can’t Believe You’re in Love With Me” by Louis Armstrong
Yeah, I’d probably go into anaphylactic shock at this point.

Breaking Up: “You Try to Find a Love” by Bill Withers
And keep trying and keep trying…

Prom: “Bloody Mary (A Note on Apathy)” by Five for Fighting
Hm…more like Carrie’s theme song. My prom wasn’t so bad. It’s definitely a post in and of itself.

Driving: “Prince of Darkness” by Indigo Girls
Uh. Yeah. Most folks don’t like to drive with me. Say I don’t pay close enough attention to the road. Don’t know if I’d compare it to Satan and all though.

Flashback: “ Lie to Me” by Chris Isaack
Now, this is a good one. I was lied to, royally lied to several years ago. Found out that not only had I been cheated on, but that I was someone’s beard. That kinda sucked.

Starting a New Relationship: “Cat’s in the Cupboard” by Pete Townsend
Someone’s hiding in my closet? My new boyfriend is hiding? What?

Wedding: “Stuck in the Middle With You” by Steeler’s Wheel
Oh, that’s charming. Romantic and all. Maybe because I’m so vanilla and suburban and all?

Birth of Child: “Whisper” by Evanescence
Wouldn’t that be great? Didn’t Katie and Tom have a silent birth? Am I going to become a scientologist?

Final Battle: “And When I Die” by Blood, Sweat &Tears
It’s a kicky song, I’ll give you that.

Death Scene: “Drunken Angel” by Lucinda Williams
If I have to go, being drunk and an angel wouldn’t be the worst way.

Funeral Song: “If It’s Magic” by Stevie Wonder
Then I’ll come back to life.

End Credits: “Fragile” by Kylie Minogue
So people can leave dancing in the aisles I suppose.

2 comments:

GayProf said...

You have the music selection of many-a-gay-man. Which means that your musical tastes are fantastic! I am just sayin'.

You know, if the choice is between being single and Billie Holiday's "My Man," I think you are winning. That's a pretty bleak and unhealthy view of love (despite being lied to, beaten, and otherwise ignored, she keeps clinging to her man (It's also my favorite Holiday song -- Ugh, I need more therapy)).

What most interests me, though, is the Flashback bit. Did you already write about that? I could look through the archive, but that would be work.

Chunks said...

I've tried to do this one before but I tell you, you did it better than I could!