Thursday, January 04, 2007

I should just stay away from Trader Joe's

God.

Buttermilk Garlic Mash Potato Chips.

Last night, after going back to Weight Watchers, I stopped by the store to get the ingredients for the 1 point Taco soup. However, I stopped at the wrong store.

I picked up these chips thinking they'd be tasty, and really, I'd only have a few at a time--count my points and all--nope.

Before I even left the parking lot, the struggle to get the iron-sealed bag open had begun. Anyone watching me would've thought I was fighting with an attacker, the way I pulled and grunted and used my teeth. The first chip was bliss. Tasted exactly like buttery, roasted garlicky potatoes. Heaven.

At least for my taste buds.

See, I've lost almost 40 pounds since I started trying 16 months ago. More if you let me count the three pounds I keep gaining and losing and gaining back. I'm at what we in the weight loss game call a "Plateau." Well, I was until a few weeks ago.

The holidays hit me hard. Missed three weeks in a row of weighing in (the public shame keeps me from going too crazy on the food train), plus the cookies and parties and the going out and the eating of good food, and the boredom of being alone in the house for several days and the cold weather that kept me from going on the long walks with Charlie-boy... it all took its toll.

I gained almost four pounds. Eek.

There's 40 more pounds that need to leave my body, and I'm going in the wrong direction.

And these chips aren't helping. Perhaps I should just... get rid of them...oh, not throw them away... that would be wasteful... you know... just finish them up...the last hurrah and all... start over tomorrow... (have I used enough ellipses by now?)...tomorrow's another day... so cold lately we're all bundled up anyway... besides, I'm not my weight... I'm more than that...

Wait a minute.

I think there's still some chocolate in the fridge.

I gotta go.

5 comments:

Doug said...

LOL

5 pounds is nothin' (4 pounds plus the bag of potato chips). Get out there and kick some long-walkin' butt! You'll have it off before you know it.

Do you do any strength training? It might help you keep the weight off.

Perplexio said...

My wife is doing WW too. She's down over 30 lbs. I believe she started last Feb. or March. I'm so proud of her, she did put on some over the holidays, but when it was all said and done she'd only put on about .8 lbs (she put on more over Christmas but took all but .8 of it right back off last week).

I'm trying to do the supportive husband thing as I know it's not easy for her.

Chunks said...

Maybe you need to change your routine. Give yourself permission to have one chocolate, or a few chips so that you aren't feeling guilty and then overindulge.

Of course, I'm telling myself it's okay to be a pig until it's all gone, then I will behave. Or maybe I won't.

Snooze said...

40 pounds is an amazing accomplishment. Congrats! You'll get back into your groove now that the holidays are over.

I was doing well but somehow my weight skyrocketed yesterday (5 pounds in one day. Is that even possible?)

St. Dickeybird said...

Ooooh, those chips sound worth a few pounds!

They used to have WW meetings at my old office. It honestly never occurred to me that ordering icing-sugar covered pastries might be a bit wrong...
lol

Myself, I like curvy women, but good luck if you want to lose it!