Sunday, January 28, 2007

Enough

Okay, enough of my pity party. At least for now.

The migraine? She is still with me. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not helping with my morose mood.

Talked to Torn this morning; it's always good to talk to my peeps. Everyone is just so damn busy these days. Then, Katrina called to go to the movies. We saw Dreamgirls.

I have to admit it: I hate musicals. I don't mind music in movies, I adored Fame in my day. I just hate when dialogue is sung instead of spoken. I thought the only music in the movie was when it was performed on a stage. Nope.

Now, the oldies? My Fair Lady? Gigi? Those I like too.

But the new ones? Hate 'em. Particularly, viciously loathed Rent. Thank goodness I rented it instead of paid for a ticket. I turned it off halfway through.

What I want to see is Children of Man. Oooo... that Clive Owen is a hunka hunka Ma-han. And it's supposed to be good. But, of course, Katrina wanted to see Dreamgirls, so that's what we saw.

More Vicoden tonight; I think I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow. This can't be good.

Payday Wednesday... something to look forward to.

6 comments:

Chunks said...

I haven't seen a movie in a theatre since Pirates of the Carribean 2, I do love me some Johnny Depp on the big screen!

Clive Owen is fantastic. That reminds me, I bought a used copy of Closer on DVD that I still haven't watched. Have you seen it? Powerful! So realistically depicts marriage! Well, except for the hot Jude Law sex! Oh God, what am I rambling on about?!

The best Movie/Musical of all time? Grease! Hands down. Hands up. Hand jive. I'm not even drinking tonight and listen to me?!

tornwordo said...

I saw dreamgirls on stage and was bored, so I won't be seeing the movie. Did it stop raining yet?

Snooze said...

I'm grateful for the warning about Dreamgirls. I see so few movies at the cinema I hate to waste my choice.

On another note, here's to Skype for facilitating keeping in touch with good friends.

St. Dickeybird said...

I won't watch modern musicals, Mr. Owen is sex. And Children of Men was great.

And don't worry about showing your pity party. We all do it, we all need it.
:)

GayProf said...

I wasn't all that keen on Children of Men, but other people really liked it. I haven't seen Dreamgirls -- not sure I have strong feelings either way.

Take care of those migraines! Drinking more coffee might help.

Doug said...

Hmm...I loved Rent. Especially "Take Me or Leave Me." Only saw the movie, though, not the play.

Hope Ms. Migraine leaves soon.