Sunday, January 14, 2007

Charlie and the Camera

Went to the beach today with Katrina, her pooch Jelly, and Ricochet (Ricky for short), whom she is doggy-sitting. Brought my camera too, but Charlie was not cooperative:
Unlike his owner, he doesn't mug for the camera.


Oh, he'll act like he's going to smile. He'll sit, look at me with his adorable chocolate eyes, cock his head to one side endearingly...


...then turn demurely away.

Or, when he gets really bored... he just leaves.

The dog below? That's Jelly.

At least one dog listened to me today.

8 comments:

Snooze said...

Oh this post just made me smile.

tornwordo said...

Pooches are renowned for the bait and switch around the camera.

Lucia said...

I have so many pics of dog blur, tail, and empty frames. These are gems! It gives me a lot of respect for pet photographers.

GayProf said...

Perhaps Charlie mistook you for the paparazzi?

Chunks said...

My Taz will sit and mug for minutes. He will pose in many different ways if I move around him. He loves the attention.

Oh, how I would love to go to the beach!

anabel said...

Dogs are so much fun on the beach until you have to put them in the car!

Anonymous said...

I got a new Canon camera and it has a kids/pets setting. I guess good photographers know that kids and pets hop around like Patty's flea. The shutter speed is super quick to get them in frame before they wander of camera. Glad to see you had one doggy that was willing to sit still for 2 seconds.
kb

Doug said...

Who can sit still when there's so much to see, sniff, and pee on? ;)