Sunday, December 10, 2006

Work Party

Last night was the holiday party for school folks. It's always at someone's house, and is a quick little thing. It was from five to eight, and I went out for drinks afterwards with the "cool" teachers. I'm on the edge of that cool crowd. I'm too old to really be a part of it; besides, I can't stay up late enough for them.

Anyway,the funniest part of the evening came when two women, part of the aforementioned cool crowd, showed up within minutes of each other in the same dress. Now wait. It wasn't just like any old dress, oh no.

They were above-the-knee, form-fitting, cap-sleeved dresses. Both women wore tights, with knee-high black boots.

One dress was kelly green, the other, Christmas red.

They looked like elves. I wish I had a picture.

And, if you can believe this, they hadn't spoken to each other about it beforehand. Nope, one bought her dress just yesterday, the other in October.

Talk about festive.

It rained pretty hard last night, and for some insane reason, all the booze was outside, under, well, nothing. Really kept down the drinking.

I did have some great meatballs however. I love holiday food.

3 comments:

GayProf said...

No mere rain would keep me from the liquor.

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better.

Anonymous said...

I hate drinking in the rain, it waters down your drinks!

Glad to hear you had a good time, funny about the festive duo in the matching outfits!

Doug said...

Was at least their hair color different?

That's what the little umbrella in your drink is for: to keep the rain out.