Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Speed Dating

I had signed up a bit ago for this speed dating thing; went to it last night. I figured there was nothing to lose, and at least I'd get a post out of it. I met some girlfriends earlier for a glass (okay two) of wine, but went to the shindig on my own.

Eh.

Tried it, didn't like it. Just another form of rejection. I met seven men, thought three seemed interesting, and found out today none of the three were interested in me. Now I'm actually paying money to feel bad.

Really though, I don't feel bad. Well, not about this, anyway.

I just keep thinking about David, and what he must be going through. What his wife and family is going through. It's not his time. I refuse to believe it's his time.

Everything else right now just doesn't seem important. I used to have a sense of humor, but it seems as if a lot of serious shit has happened in the last twelve months. None of it to me, but all around me.

Haven't I done enough growing and maturing for a while? And then I think, it's not about me. It affects me, but it's not about me.

I'm ready for some good cheer.

Got any jokes?

Here's a new one:
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him... A super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

8 comments:

Doug said...

That's very bad, Rebekah. Shame! ;)

Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only one carrion allowed per passenger."

Thanks for your comment the other day. I'm glad (and I hope) my comments help, if only by showing sympathy and support.

To quote the chinese food vendor from the movie, "The Fifth Element," "Grandfather say it not rain every day." Good things are sure to come.

tornwordo said...

I love that joke! The ultimate groaner! Sorry the speed rejection didn't work out.

St. Dickeybird said...

Those speed-dating things scare me. I've never tried it, but they seem inexplicably wrong.
And from what you write here, any guy who isn't interested in you is either gay or has bad taste.
:)

GayProf said...

I wonder if we have any testimony from people who tried the speed dating thing and had it work.

Sorry, I am not very good at remembering jokes.

anabel said...

Really sorry to hear about David. Just sent out a prayer.

I don't have any jokes but can recommend Ellen Degenerous DVD "Now and Then"

anabel

Anonymous said...

A guy walks into a bar.

Ouch.

My kid loves that joke!

Speed dating...sounds gross. You should go to Alaska. Apparently, there are six men to every woman there, lots to choose from. But it's Alaska.

I wish I had better advice to give you, but I haven't dated since 1987.

The Lone Rangers said...

I tried the speed dating thing a year or so back...I have enough trouble getting rejected once let alone mass rejected in one night...

Great site. Positive vibes to your friend David

Speed Dating said...

That's exactly what speed dating is: like it or not. You could find a perfect match, some fun time or just a lose of time.
It's nothing to be scared at. :D