Monday, November 06, 2006

Just can't seem to get the energy together

I have no excuse. No reason why I'm so tired all the time lately. I slept nine hours Saturday night, got up early in the morning... noodled around for a while, then went back to bed at 10:30 am for two more hours.

It's like when I was in college, and could sleep for 14 hours straight. My roommate would come home, see me in bed with the lights off, and say loudly, "Are you escaping reality again?"

Maybe it's my drug, I don't know. I'm sure it's more healthy than smoking or drinking something. Right now, I feel lethargic. It's only eight at night.

Oh, and some weird stupid thing happened to my Word program. The spellcheck won't work anymore. I think it had something to do with my CrapCleaner. You know, one of those free spyware cleaners. I can't imagine anything else that would have done it, but I don't know. About that part of computers I'm not so so savvy.

Chaperoned a group of 50 junior high schoolers to Magic Mountain on Saturday (hey, maybe that's why I'm still so tired?). I had no intention of going on any of the big rollercoasters, but my buddy had different plans. Did you know they've sold Magic Mountain? I still remember when it was built. I hadn't been in at least 12-13 years, maybe even more.

All the rides are so scary! Torn, you would have had a blast. And you would have been proud of me; I only closed my eyes once. It was on the Goliath. An absolutely terrifying couple of drops. My friend? The one who made me buy a "Fastpass" so we could go on even more scary rides? She actually blacked out for a moment on that one.

Oh yeah. Good times.

Oh my goodness gracious. I forgot to write it first. I got an interview with the Fulbright Peer Review Team! Whoo hoo! On December 2nd. Please think good thoughts about me that Saturday if you remember.

Yahoolamunga! That's one step closer to going!


Sorry I'm not more interesting tonight. Cheers.

4 comments:

tornwordo said...

I just watched the show on the building of the tsatsu? The big new coaster there. Looks amazing.

Congrats on being selected for an interview!

Doug said...

Yaaay! First step in the Fullbright down. How many steps are there?

50 junior-high schoolers wouldn't make me tired. That would kill me. I would be obliterated into nothingness.

Hehe, blacking out always makes for a good time. ;)

St. Dickeybird said...

At least there's another aspect of your job to enjoy!

GayProf said...

Good for you on getting the interview! I would say to be sure to get plenty of rest before it, but you seem to have that covered. ;-)

Seriously, it seems like you and Torn need to balance each other's sleep issues.