Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sister's doing okay

I'm going on back up there this weekend; she's having a hard time with only one arm working right now. I'll do laundry, fold clothes, put things away... all the stuff I never do when I'm home.

I'm renting a car because my crummy piece of ca-ca car isn't doing so well. I'd take it in, but when?

Grades are due at 8:30 am on Monday, and I was at school until 9 o'clock tonight. Who says teachers have it easy?

I know, I know. My life is easy when I put it in perspective. Sister's being a trooper about all of this, but I think she's realizing that this isn't just a blip. She's got some real recovery time to put in, not just for her arm (which is still in a splint, and will be for a while. The cut went through her muscle, and it has to heal. She had about 200 stitches, inside and out), but also for her psyche.

Where's the time machine? Just rewind to last Thursday, and she'd go to Whole Foods instead of Von's, and none of any of this would have happened. At least not to her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She should talk to someone about this, a counsellor or some such thing. She needs to know that although she was a victim of violence, she is a survivor too. She is lucky to have you supporting her right now.

You poor teachers, I feel so bad for you all at report card time!

GayProf said...

People say teachers have it easy? Who? That's insane.

I hope your sister's arm recovers quickly.

Doug said...

I can't even imagine the trauma she's dealing with. Chunks hit it: get her to a talk-therapist. She needs to know how to deal with this.

Teachers are the most under-paid, over-worked, yet persistent workforce in the US.