Sunday, October 29, 2006

posting from Chatsworth

Okay, so sister's at church, and I didn't want to go. Does that make me a bad sister? Nah.

I just took her monster dog (who tries to eat Charlie every time I bring him) for a monster walk. Well, monster for him. Sister's not been able to walk him for the last week and a half, and the 80 pound canine is rather lazy to begin with.

We took about an hour, which is what I planned, and got lost, which I didn't plan. I figured it out; the valley is all set up as a grid, so one can always find one's way home again. Would that life was that simple.

Although I've never done crack, I've discovered something I believe might just have the same addictive quality: mini peanut butter cups from Trader Joes. Satan himself could not have designed a more insidious treat. They look small... 27 are considered a serving, which sounds like quite a lot. 4 or 5 points for that many, but of course, I'll only have two or three. I mean, each one is about 7 calories, so how much damage could be caused?

People, I can't stop. I try to hide them from myself, but they keep calling to me. I pop one in my mouth, but it's gone, and I can't stand it... I must have another. And another. And another.

Evil Trader Joes.


The whole English department is dressing up as pirates on Tuesday (remember, junior high? we must all check our pride at the door when it comes to dress up days). I have a bandana for my head, and a little vest thing, but that's all. I need an eye patch, but Target was all out.

Hmmm... my brother sent me a paper eye patch for talk-like-a-pirate day, but I don't know if it will make it through the whole day.

Ah well.

Oh, went to a play with sister last night -- Souvenir it was called -- it was pretty good. See it if you have a chance. However, I could see how terrible it would be if the actors in it weren't terrific.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Halloween! I love the costumes and the crack-like candies. Have I whined about how my kids aren't trick or treating this year? Yeah, no goodies for me. Waaah.

Doug said...

We want a pic of you in your pirate costume!

GayProf said...

Why pirates? Is there a low-level Johnny Depp obsession in the Language Arts department?

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!