Friday, September 01, 2006

Vicoden Morning

I love that drug. I love it far more than is healthy. If it was available, I'd probably take it every day, every 6 hours. As it is, I have a prescription for it for the horrible torso aches I get sometimes, but I'm so scared I won't have the pills when the pain hits, that it keeps me from taking them for most any other reason.

However, when I do take vicoden, I feel in love with the world. I compare it to the feeling of being in warm, clean sheets when it's raining and cold outside, and lingering in bed because there's nowhere I have to be.

This morning, on my early walk with Charlie, I had those Vicoden feelings without the drug. The fog was unbelievably heavy, but it wasn't too cold out. Otherworldly, because it was so early that there were very few cars. The road I walk on has no sidewalks, and a field on one side, so there's all kinds of little creatures to see as we wander along. The bunnies especially made me smile today. They are just so damn cute, and Charlie so often is almost on top of them before he sees them. He's on a leash, and those wabbits are pretty darn fast, so he never does much more than bark at them.

I've seen two road runners this week too. I don't think I've ever seen one before, and then two in one week. They are funny looking birds. One was running into the street, saw a car coming, and did a funny three point turn thing, and ran back the way he came. Seconds after the car went by, across the street he ran.

The spider webs had caught all the dew, and were making wonderful patterns on the plants and the fences. I know, I should have taken pictures, but I think I left my camera at school ( at least I hope I did, otherwise it's gone, gone, gone).

What's the opposite of depression? Because that's what I felt this morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! Feeling happy can be addictive, careful now....heehee. Life is an interesting and wonderful thing. Devo

tornwordo said...

Gotta love those days. I haven't had one in a while. Beautifully described.

Doug said...

I think the word is "euphoric."

Great post! Thanks for starting my weekend off with a happy thought.

Chunks said...

You are a great writer because reading that, I had a few Vicoden moments as well!

Thanks for sharing!!