Saturday, August 26, 2006

I don't know this time

I'm at school, on a Saturday, been here since 9 am and it's 2:00 now.

It's the only way to get the room set up and the lessons planned, and the grade book names entered, and the handouts copied and the posters up on the wall (just the required ones, you know with all the school rules etc. listed over and over in different ways?), 33 desks set up in such a way that provides optimal learning, yet allows for easy passage for me to circulate and maintain classroom discipline in a postive way, and try to figure out how to get water from a stone.


Okay, so that last one isn't true. I didn't have to do that. But I did find out that the ink cartridge on my printer mysteriously ran out of ink over the summer. Yes, I tried cleaning it off, and no, the computer wasn't left on all summer. It just ran out of ink at a very inopportune time (did I spell that word correctly? I'm an English teacher, I should look it up... oh bother... now I have to... yes! I was right).

I'm hungry. I've not eaten yet.

I'll come back again tomorrow damn it.

Need more glue sticks for my glue gun. oh, I'm not doing crafts! I have to hot glue my posters to the cinderblock walls; nothing else keeps them stuck.

Bah.

3 comments:

GayProf said...

You are sniffing glue while hanging posters and what now?

tornwordo said...

You'll get through it. It's like this every year if I recall correctly. (smile)

Coldguy said...

This is where you get some extra help setting up the classroom. What you should have done is contact the local police station and say something along the lines like "I am hosting a comunity service project at this location next week starting at 9 AM, if you know anyone who needs to do community service hours, please pass the message to them." Week later, you get 5-7 teenagers there working their tail off to help set up your room. See, isn't that simple?