Monday, July 03, 2006

A good day

Yesterday was great.

After another beach walk with my dog (and three girlfriends and their three dogs), I went to lunch with a couple other girlfriends from my writing group. No writing involved, just eating.

Thank goodness for cell phones though. We were to meet up at C's house, and then go on to the cafe on Santa Claus Lane. I got there, but S. wasn't there yet. She's usually never late. I am, but she isn't. After about 15 minutes, we get a call, "Where are you guys? I'm already here." She was at the cafe already, not realizing we were going to meet and go on over together.

So, C. and I get into the car and drive over. A bit of a crowd due to the 4th of July weekend, but we can't find S. We call again on the cell, "Where are you? Are you here?"

Turns out she was at the Luna Cafe, not the Garden Cafe. So more shuffling, and we finally sit down together, all at the same place. Good food, then back to C's house for Sofia Rose from Coppola vineyards and then another Rose I brought back from Paris. Then, since that wasn't enough, we opened up a sparkling Rose from Australia. C's spouse, T., joined us, and we had a great time.

Even the part where they decided it would be a good idea to set up a profile for me on Yahoopersonals.com.

We worked on it all afternoon, but didn't post it. I didn't think a drunken photo of me would be the best way to attract the kind of person I'm looking for.

Although, I'm going to work on it some more. I'm so damn tired of being the single one all the time. I'm tired of complaining about it. This is not necessarily going to do anything, but how can it hurt?

3 comments:

chella said...

sounds like a great afternoon! good friends, food & drink plus lots of exchange. what a wonderful sunday!

Coldguy said...

Single hood is like being in the rain outside of a party of dating couples, but once your inside the party all you want to do is leave asap.

tornwordo said...

I don't see how it could hurt. Sounds like a fun day!