Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Another day in Paradise

Went for a long walk with the dog wonder today... lots of people already at the beach at 8 am. Lots of smiles and friendly folks. Love when that happens.

Okay, so the stupid personals thing. I finished it... and the matches that are coming up for me are frightening. The number one match for me is a 52-year-old man in a pirate's outfit in his picture (which he spells "pyrate" by the way), and who, in his little write up about himself, uses what he thinks is a "pirate" dialect...

"Aye, me compass doesn’t not always point to where we be goin n’ many a time I be losin’ me way but when ye loses yer way is when the adventure begins n’ ye discover new lands…"

He goes on like this for a while.

I'm with cold guy on this a bit... I feel left out around all my couple friends, but when this is what I have to deal with in trying to get a guy... ew.

Another guy seemed interesting, spelled everything correctly (I mean really, how hard is it to use spellcheck when it's part of the website?), and he was funny, but funny in the way my friends and I are funny with each other... here's part of what he said:

"I like to sit here and assign people new nicknames that would be a LOT more appropriate: 1bigheadache; Nocarbs4you; Nurserachet; Likesvicodin; Watchurwallet; Botoxgonebad; Cautionwideload; Lifeofquietdesperation; Bobdylansmother; YulBeSorry; Vergeofpanic; Venusflytrap; Threedatesandgone; Harpsicordlover... you get the idea."

He would be good to laugh with, but sheesh, what would he call me?

What have I gotten myself into?

Oi.

4 comments:

chella said...

sounds like an adventure. pirate of the carribbean, he's not. where's johnny depp's clone when needed? maybe the response will grow more appealing. c

Coldguy said...

You are doing it the wrong way, the best place to meet a datable guy via the internet is....

Craigslist! www.craigslist.org

It is free, easy, and completely annonyous. You decide who you are looking for and posting about. Some spam in there, but never hurt.

Your always welcome to chill in my book.

tornwordo said...

That second guy sounds a little cynical.

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Sounds like this guy with the nicknames has alot of fun time on his hands :>)

Enjoy your vacations with Tornwordo.