Monday, May 08, 2006

six weeks left

but who's counting?

I am wiped out from my weekend with the sister and father and wife of father. Dad got really sick; a bad cold, and so was like a weak little kitten most of the visit. He had to take a nap on Saturday (sister, wife of father and I went to Target), and Saturday night, he could only eat soup instead of the overly cooked steak my sister made. He went back to the hotel early because he felt so terrible. I actually felt bad for him.

All the worry I had about the visit was pretty much unfounded. He was very careful about what he said around me, and I was careful around him.

Charlie and Gideon (my sister's monster dog), didn't get along so well. Gideon actually drew blood after biting Charlie's ear. I guess Charlie got too close to the bag of dog food in the kitchen. Not sure what happened, but heard the most horrible noise come out of my little guy. He ran to me in the living room and jumped in my lap. I realized he'd been bitten when the blood from his ear got on my shirt.

He lived. I hope sister gets that dog some training though. Every time Charlie would get petted or any attention, Gideon would come over and nudge him out of the way. Charlie's the most submissive dog in the world, and still, Gideon wouldn't leave him alone.

So, this next weekend is Mother's day, then a weekend off, then Memorial day, then sister's 40th birthday extravaganza, then two weeks and school's out.

I have so much to do.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

tell. me. about. it.

Glad the weekend ended drama-free. (except for Charlie's ear)