Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Plateau

That is one hell of a hard word to spell. I kept trying different vowel combinations, and all looked weird. Torn probably loves it for Scrabble or Tangleword.

So sad, speaking of Tangleword. I have slower-than-cold-molasses-in-January dial up still here at home, so I can't play it here, and my school district has just put all kinds of new blockage up, so can no longer get to the Iwin.com playsite anymore. Don't tell me to get DSL, I'm still too far out in the boonies to get it. Cable is my only choice, and it's frickin' fifty dollars a month. I don't want to play games that badly.

But it sure would be quick.

Anyway, back to my title. I'm at a plateau regarding poundage lost. I've been hovering around the 38 pound mark for two months. It sucks, because it was coming off so regularly before, and I got used to that. Now it's gain two-tenths of a pound, lose four-tenths, gain a pound, lose a pound... etc.

Of course, I've lost 38 pounds. That's something. It's really something. I'm just not finished yet, and it's getting me down. I've set little goals for myself along the way. I want to lose 50 pounds by my birthday in August. That's only 12 pounds in three months. It's doable. It's possible. Will I make it happen? I don't know.

Oh, Happy Mother's Day Em, and any other moms reading today!

2 comments:

tornwordo said...

Can you play word racer on Yahoo?

chella said...

used to play hearts with my niece on yahoo. funny story that i'll tell you in person. ugh...plateaus...but keep the long view: you've lost 38 & on your way to 50! check out the poetry winners on Gravity & Light. c