Saturday, December 31, 2005

No resolutions

I'm sure lots of folks will be posting about their goals for the new year; I'm just not one of them.

The camping trip was cancelled for the second year in a row due to rain. Two years ago, I had one of the best New Year's Eve's ever. Three couples (and the singleton, yours truly), went up to Lake Cachuma in RV's and barbecued and drank and played board games. Then, we just had to change into our jammies and go to sleep. It was great. No worries about how I was dressed or if I could have one more beer or if I was going to get hit by a drunk driver on the way home.

Last year I just stayed home. The thought of going out was just too much. I didn't feel bad about it at all either. I watched a movie, and went to bed around eleven. I felt great the next day.

Does this mean I'm officially grown up?

Tonight I'm going to go out with some friends to a couple of bars. If I don't like it, I can always just go home. No stress.

Only thing is, I have nothing to wear. I have this really cute sequined tank top thing I bought in October to wear, and it's already too big. I've never ever worn it. Of course, I thought I was going up to the lake again until this morning, so I didn't even go out and find something else to wear.

Shoot. I need to go. The next hour or so is going to be spent trying to gussy myself up.

If you're lucky, I might even take a picture.

Cheers.

2 comments:

SamuRyan said...

No resolutions, no stress, no luck, no picture. Hmm. Happy new year.

chella said...

so how was nye? we were very laid back! drove to sand mountain from tuscaloosa, picked up dad for the best barbequed ribs in the world from dreamland and watched field of dreams. ah, today i move back into ww zone and fly home wednesday. posted a recently published poem on gravity and light. can't wait to talk! love, c