Saturday, November 12, 2005

a lazy post

1) My mother once: Told me I never take care of things. I had just accidentally broken a tiny, hand blown vase she had since childhood. She had given it to me as a gift earlier in the week (for my 10th birthday).

2) Never in my life: Have I tried Crystal Meth, Ecstasy, Mushrooms, or Absinthe

3) When I was five: I was in Ms. Rosenberg’s Kindergarten class until she went on Maternity leave and Miss Christiansen took over.

4) High School was/is: Wonderful and horrific. I figured out I would never be homecoming queen or a cheerleader, but also that it wasn’t going to be the highlight of my life. I did meet all but one of my closest friends in high school.

5) I will never forget: Mrs. Green, who was the first teacher who treated me with respect, and honored my opinion. Even when I acted like a brat.

6) I once met: Maureen McCormick (Marsha from The Brady Bunch) at the Girl Scout Fashion Show when I was 11 years old. I had her autograph, but I lost it.

7) There's this person I know who: Judges everyone by his own list, but will blow up if you question or disagree with him.

8) Once, at a bar: I got thrown out for calling someone a “ Mother fucker.” Okay, I actually was screaming it like that girl at the beginning of "Pulp Fiction."

9) By noon I'm usually: in need of a bathroom break. I teach the first four classes of the day in a row.

10) Last night I: ate a brownie for dinner.

11) If I only had: a strong good relationship with a man I loved, I might have a chance at a family.
12) Next time I go to church/temple: Won’t be Christmas Eve this year. I’m going to Sherman Oaks to celebrate it with my friend and her partner.
13) Terri Schiavo: Should not have been the issue it was. Bush can cut his vacation short for a woman with fluid where her brain used to be, but not for 1000’s of people being flooded out of their homes.
14) I like: laughing with my friends, potatoes, wine, and summer break

15) When I turn my head left, I see: photos of my friends, family and dog on the wall.

16) When I turn my head right, I see: boxes of crap that have been sitting in the “computer room” for the last two years, since I moved in.

17) You know I'm lying when: I won’t look you in the eye. I don’t usually lie.

18) In grade school: I sucked my thumb until I was in sixth grade

19) If I was a character written by Shakespeare: I ‘d probably be the nurse in Romeo and Juliet. I’m a romantic at heart, but I don’t really want to die for it.

20) By this time next year I: hope to have lost 40 more pounds

21) A better name for me would be: Rebekah Copabianco. It sounds good.

22) I have a hard time understanding: White Supremacy. Why?

23) If I ever go back to school I'll: Get a Ph.D. in English Literature and teach at the university level.

24) You know I like you if: I tell you.

25) If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: My mother. She’s always believed in me.

26) I hope that: This god damn NCLB act fails miserably and people other than educators see how detrimental it’s been to our children’s education.

27) Take my advice: picking up dog doo is easier once a day instead of once a week.

28) My ideal breakfast is: Biscuits and sausage gravy with home fries and my friends.

29) A song I love, but do not have is: Lose Yourself by Eminem. Some of the other songs on that album bother me.

30) If you visit my hometown, I suggest: saying hello to me! I still live here. Go wine tasting, walk on the beach and eat at The Palace Café.

31) Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: I have no response to this.

32) Why won't anyone: tell me I’m his one-and-only?

33) If you spend the night at my house: try not to trip over all my stuff that I don’t pick up.
34) I'd stop my wedding: if I didn’t love him, he didn’t love me, he had slept with someone the night before, if there was a gunman in the church… this is a stupid one.

35) The world could do without: Okra and hate

36) I'd rather lick the belly of a roach than: give up my wonder dog Charlie.

37) My favorite is: A sunny day, a full tank of gas, no responsibilities and all my friends.

38) Paper clips are more useful than: cigarettes. And they cost less too.

40) And by the way: I still have no clue how to actually “tag” someone (or “meme” or whatever you call it, so do this if you want to).

41) The last time I was drunk: At my friend’s “forty-tenth” birthday party. I didn’t really get too drunk though. Went straight from sober to asleep. Skipped the whole inebriated part.

42) My grandmother always: made the best grilled cheese sandwiches. She couldn’t cook anything else to save her life, but ooo… those grilled cheese sandwiches… I dream about them.

3 comments:

tornwordo said...

That doesn't seem lazy, that seems like a lot of work to do. Great details as em already pointed out.

tornwordo said...

Ok I did it. I'll post mine tomorrow. That took a long time!

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Fab list, you're true to yourself, i might just pinch this list for my blog ;-)

Here's to getting your ideal man ;-)