Thursday, November 10, 2005

It gets dark so early now


Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, so we have the day off from school. Thank goodness. Next week I have another barrage of meetings, plus I have to spend Monday out of class, "observing" with my BTSA participating teacher. Which means I have to prepare for a substitute. grr.

I took this photo tonight from my driveway at 5:05pm. I dislike this time of year. I can't seem to get as much done. All I want to do is stay inside, curl up and eat when it's dark and wet. And it's poured for a couple of days here. Charlie has to be dragged out to pee. I swear, he's held it over 24 hours once. I know I'd burst.

I hit the 20 pound mark of lost weight yesterday; Yea me! My clothes are getting loose, but I wouldn't call most of them baggy just yet. Made Taco Soup last night; here's the recipe:

Saute one chopped onion in Olive Oil cooking spray, and start opening cans. You need:
2 cans chopped tomatoes (mexican seasoned ones are best)
1 can refried beans
1 can black beans
1 can white beans
1 can (0r two cups frozen) corn. Drain.
1 can fat free chicken broth
1 package taco seasoning mix (I used HOT)

mix it all together in large pot, bring just to boil, then turn down heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour. Couldn't be easier. Smelled great when it was cooking.

1 point per cup. And it tastes good too!

(if you don't want me to put the recipes here, just say so. Actually, only one person reads this anymore, and I know he doesn't mind...)

That's about it for now. Looks like Paris in the Spring is going to happen. Buying our $581 tickets tomorrow, and probably making our reservations for an apartment rental next week.

Oh boy!

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

Ooh, great price for the tix. I have a sunset pic from yesterday too. Though it was 4:20 here. I love the recipe, is it really good?

Congrats on the poundage loss.