Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Day After

Dear me.

It's been a busy couple of weeks, and this one is looking to be the same. I have a meeting this morning before school, blah blah blah.

Yesterday everyone dressed up at school. Even though it's junior high, we all still get into it. Except for the few girls that had to change into their PE clothes because their hooker outfits were against dress code, the kids were all pretty cute.

Teaching was another thing. Put people in costumes, and they don't act the way they normally do. And these kids are normally junior high school students. By lunch time I was frazzled, and by three, going out for a drink with my friends later didn't sound as appealing as going to bed early after watching Law and Order on the TV. (I don't get trick or treaters where I live).

Now though, this is the real test. The candy overload. The kids come in hopped up on sugar, without enough sleep, and it's all I can do to get them not to drop the wrappers on the floor. I'm not evil, I only assigned five questions last night, but I bet most didn't even do that. Excuses will abound.

Oh, and I'm getting a cold.

Rah.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

Homework on Halloween? You taskmaster you. So, how did the day go?