Thursday, October 27, 2005

October, the month of not enough time

Daylight savings time starts this weekend. Poop. I can't seem to get as much done when it gets dark early, and of course, this is when I have more to do than ever.

Someone else was commenting the other day how October is a hellish month for teachers; I think it is for everyone. Yeah, for me, the honeymoon is over with the kids, some of their grades are really starting to drop, their essays are now looking at me with evil grins, knowing they will wait for me, no matter how long I put off grading them.

First quarter report cards go out next week. I'm strapped for time, trying to get all the kid's work graded, and plan the next unit with the other time-strapped teachers. Tonight was a BTSA meeting, from 4-7. I don't think they really need to be that long, but the food was good.

Which reminds me, I need to go "track" what I ate tonight. As I suspected, I didn't lose weight this past week, but that's okay. I've lost a total of 16 pounds, and that's just fine.

So far. I definitely want to keep going, and I am motivated. I have put my own carrot out there; when I go to Paris in the Spring, I want to be able to buy a piece of clothing there. There really aren't any plus size shops there, so I've got to get my body in shape enough to wear a normal Misses size.

I'm very tired tonight folks. Nothing very interesting going on right now.

Cheers.

2 comments:

tornwordo said...

Yes, October is hellish and dark. Only eight weeks til christmas vacation!

chella said...

omg, i can't believe you said "paris in the spring." that's exactly what i said when i started this weight-loss journey: "i want to go to paris in april and wear a skinny black dress. parisians are not fat people." omg...what a wave length. c