Saturday, October 01, 2005

October already


Turns out the information I had about Cookie wasn't quite right. She didn't die of "bloat" after all. It matters because her death wasn't as horrible as I thought. Victoria sent out an email Wednesday and said that Cookie had advanced tumors and that she died at home with Victoria on Monday. She requested us not to ask her about it, and not to worry if she doesn't answer the phone or call back if we leave a message.

I was surprised at the pain I felt. I couldn't stop crying for two days. Even my students noticed something was up "Are you sick, Ms. T? Your face is all red." Cookie wasn't my dog, but I loved her. I can't imagine seeing Victoria without Cookie at her side. Charlie and I would meet them at the coffee shop or the beach or the dog park and walk together. It used to be almost every weekend. When Katrina would have a party, Charlie and Cookie were always invited too. Cookie would wander around school after hours when Victoria was working late or on the weekends. Cookie loved having her backside scratched. If you stopped before she wanted you to, she would make her sound, "oooo..wooo...oooo..." which would get louder and louder until you resumed scratching.

I'm going to miss her.

2 comments:

tornwordo said...

Aww. We'll remember cookie.

And how does the title relate?

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

Ahhh, poor you and your friend,

By the way, I used to be goldie but now I'm the witterting Wislon Panda ;-)