Friday, August 19, 2005

Grumbles


Still not interested in posting too much. I don't know why. I haven't done the thing like tornwordo; writing everyday, but still, I don't skip more than a day or two at a time.

Today was the last week day that Charlie and I will be able to go to the beach early in the morning. I go back to school next week, and the kids come back the week after that. Summer's over as far as I'm concerned.

It's been the foggiest August that I can remember. I don't really mind, but I'm hoping that September won't be horrifically hot. It probably will, since that's when we'll all be locked in the cinderblock rooms with no air-conditioning.

I ordered some new school clothes from Eddie Bauer Outlet.com; nothing fit. Nothing! I have three XL belts from Eddie Bauer that all fit me perfectly. I ordered a cute and inexpensive canvas one in the same size, and it's at least 4-5 inches shorter. (I measured because I refuse to believe I've gotten even bigger over the summer). I took a picture of it, alongside the other three belts, just to show you. I don't know why it's so fuzzy.

I then ordered a pair of pants in the size I usually get (I could tell you what it is, but then I'd have to kill you) and another in a size larger, just in case the pants "ran small." Damned if both of them were too tight.

Fuck. So at least the light blue sandals would fit, right? Size 8 is size 8, or is it? They were far too big on me. A hint of toe showed out of the front side of the strap, and there was so much left of the shoe sticking out in back that it looked like I was playing dress up.

Last item, a $29.99 navy blue jersey two-piece dress. Which meant it was really a big V-neck tee-shirt and a long stretchy skirt. That should fit, right? No. The skirt fit perfectly, and comfortably. The shirt was for an Amazon with 5 foot arms. I can't return just part of the dress either, and if I got a size smaller, the skirt wouldn't fit.

I can't win.

2 comments:

tornwordo said...

(I could tell you what it is, but then I'd have to kill you)

made me burst out laughing....

This is one reason I buy used clothes. If it doesn't fit, who cares, it only cost a buck or two. I can't tell you how many times it "fit" in the store when I tried it on, but then never again.

chella said...

agree with tornwordo about that line. okay...i'm making a public announcement...here and now on your blog...come aug. 31, i will return to the dreaded weight watchers...yes, the ww of _tummy tamers_ fame. their public humiliation works on me, temporarily. c