Thursday, July 14, 2005

That "Nobody likes me" feeling

How silly is this? I check the blog first thing every time I log on; when I don't have any comments at all, I feel let down. Like my writing wasn't good enough that day, like I'm not worthy of a remark.

This is what I call my "Nerd Complex" coming to the fore. No matter that my regular readers are or have been on vacation, no matter that what I write is rather boring and self-centered. Nope, it's a personal reflection of what people think of me.

I'll try harder tomorrow folks. I will try to write something political, controversial and thought provoking.

Maybe I'll just post another picture of Charlie.

4 comments:

tornwordo said...

Gosh, I was going to whine about the same thing today. I spent way too long on that Hoverers piece, at the goading of my audience I might add, and nothing from anyone.

I left a comment about your dad but then it didn't show up (I don't get why) and then I figured that we had already discussed that privately anyway so I didn't post another comment.

chella said...

know what you mean. i belong to a couple of online workshops and am disappointed when no one responds. if it weren't for you, dear reader, i'd have no reader activity at my site. (posted my log with ron silliman who runs a poetry log.)
want to thank you, beckyloo, for response.

chella said...

not back until sunday. lots to share!

pushthebutton,max! said...

I felt that way too. The question is, does writing a post complaining that you feel bad when people don't comment (and then getting a bunch of them for doing so) count as fishing for compliments? If I thought that, I would probably self-edit even more.

Anyway, what's wrong with asking for support from your friends when you feel crappy?

I do like getting comments. You think anyone would be annoyed if I whined in all my posts?