Saturday, July 09, 2005

It's one of those days

Took Charlie to self service groomers today (after his $96 vet appointment yesterday!) to wash him, cut his hair because he doesn't shed, and get his toenails clipped.

Well, the guy cut too close to the quick of his left front Dew Claw, and I didn't realize it until we got home. I suppose Charlie's yelp and attempt to bite the groomer at the time should have clued me in, but I thought my little guy was just scared.

When we got home, it was bleeding quite a bit, and Charlie was licking at it. I felt horrible. How could I have let someone hurt my dog? I know it was an accident, but still... I got out a washcloth and some first aid wash and tried to clean it up. However, Charlie just kept licking. Now I have to be careful that it doesn't get infected. Oh, the worry about such a little being.

Oh, and the vet told me yesterday that he's also overweight. By about a pound. Which I thought was pretty funny; I would be pleased as punch to be one pound overweight. But, when you only weigh 25 pounds ... and Charlie actually now weighs 26, it's a pretty big percentage.

It's probably a good thing I don't have kids. I would just spend my days feeling guilty about everything.

1 comment:

Yibbyl said...

It's OK if he licks it. In fact, it's a good thing...dogs have a built-in disinfectant in their saliva! So, don't worry.