Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The 88 poetry portfolios still loom

Procrastination. I'm the queen of it. I have so many things to do, and yet none get done. Indulge me here (or don't; go play This Game game instead), for I'm about to list the many things I should do.
  • Finish grading these damn papers. If I had done 20 a night since they turned them in on the 25th of May, I would have been finished by now.

  • Clean my kitchen and living room. The carpet/vinyl flooring guys are coming tomorrow morning to fix the crappy job they did, and I'm a slob. I need to get it clean.

  • Clean my bathroom. The guys might want to use the toilet when they're here, and I again, don't want anyone to see my sloppyocity.

  • Pay my bills. I've been carrying three of 'em around for two days now in my purse. I don't want to get a late charge because I'm just too lame to get my work done.

  • Make up invitations for the party I'm hosting (I know, what was I thinking?) on the 18th. One of our friends from school, Victor, got accepted to Northridge and is moving this summer. He's a teacher's aide and had been a pal for several years. He doesn't know it's a party for him, he thinks it's just a get together. I have to make some food and coordinate who's bringing what. Deborah, one of my friends has this idea that she's going to buy a big basket of stuff for him and ask everyone else to chip in... that never works.

  • Finish grading the Corrective Reading Notebooks. That's not even hard! Just tedious and boring.

  • Make questions for the Socratic Seminar tomorrow

  • Return the bathing suit I ordered from Spiegel. It's a horrific granny suit in bright orange and fuschia. It looked good in the catalogue.

  • Return the dress I ordered from Newport News. It was supposed to be size 1x.

  • Send my crotchety asshole dad a Father's Day card. I got him a subscription to Golf week. It was a free subscription, but he doesn't have to know that.

  • Get off the computer so I can get these things done.

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

I know the feeling, and you've reminded me that I totally forgot about Father's Day. Shoot.